Michael Michalsky(Michael Michalski) is a German fashion designer who was born on February 23, 1967. He is the founder and chief designer of the fashion company Michalsky. He is also the Creative Director of luxury handbag manufacturer MCM since 2005. Besides his work in fashion, Michalsky runs the Michalsky DesignLab agency which provides design services. Today Michalsky is considered one of the most influential designers in Germany. The StyleNite website he presented at Berlin Fashion Week follows the global fashion scene(Michael Michalski).
Michael Michalsky is considered one of the most influential designers in Germany.
He held the positions of Design Director at Levi’s, Global Creative Director for Adidas, and Creative Director at MCM from 2006 to 2017.IN 2006 MICHAEL FOUNDED HIS OWN BRAND “MICHALSKY” IN BERLIN(Michael Michalski).
THE ATELIER MICHALSKY BRAND SERVES THE HAUTE COUTURE CATEGORY AND COMBINES CLASSIC STYLES INFLUENCED BY SPORTS AND STREETWEAR ELEMENTS. The result convinces with sober luxury and a combination of quality, sustainability, and current trends. All products are handmade in Berlin.
Michael’s creativity is in great demand outside of fashion. Many companies ask a variety of designers for their creative ideas and input. Therefore, Michael created the agency “MICHALSKY design lab” to realize product design, interior design projects as well as a corporate design. Its customer base includes Sony, Marriott, Disney, Intel, LG, WWF, and BMW, among others.
IN 2012, MICHAEL LAUNCHED A WIDE RANGE OF PRODUCTS FOR HOMES UNDER THE BRAND “MICHALSKY LIVING”. The set includes sofas, wallpaper, carpets, cutlery, and cutlery. THE PERFUME LINE, “MICHALSKY PARFUMS”, REACHED THE MARKET IN 2015.
Michael’s most important sources of inspiration are music and art. He is passionate about photography and has amassed a large private collection of works by Herbert List, Eva, Edmund Ksting, Hilmar Leskey, and Horst B. Horst which includes many fashion photographs from the fifties, sixties, and seventies(Michael Michalski).
Awards and Recognitions
- 2003 “National Designer of the Year” from GQ Germany
- 2004 Awarded “Sports Designer of the Year” by ISPO VISION
- 2005 Red Dot Design Team of the Year with Adidas Design Team 
- 2006 Featured in the exhibition “100 Heads of Tomorrow” (German: 100 Köpfe von Morgen) commissioned by the government initiative “Germany – Land of Ideas” (German: Deutschland – Land der Ideen)
Fashion designer Michalsky has a broad and varied range that includes bags, accessories, athletics, and upscale apparel. His collection Michalsky belongs to the haute couture department and combines classic styles with streetwear effects. Michalsky does not see himself as an artist but as a lifestyle designer. Through his designs, he wants to address a wide range of people and encourage a cheerful approach to fashion. This mentality is expressed in the claim of “real clothes of real people.”
Michaelsky Design Lab
Michalski bags with Madonna-inspired designs
Michalsky established the Michalsky Designlab agency, which offers design services in the areas of merchandise and interior decoration, in 2009(Michael Michalski).
Examples of Michalsky DesignLab’s work include:
- 2009: Sony’s Summer Mobile Collection
- 2009: Leather collection for the world premiere of the BMW Vision EfficientDynamics concept car, presented during the IAA
- 2010: 500 costumes for the YMA show at Friedrichstadt-Palast in Berlin
- 2010: Product packaging design for Ariel laundry detergent 
- 2011: Design of the Catwalk-Bar at the Marriott Hotel in Berlin in Potsdamer Platz, Germany’s first fashion bar 
- 2012: Spreequell Product Design – Michael Michalsky created an elegant and exclusive bottle design – Q Spreequell Premium